Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sunday Snapshot

The garden is coming along nicely! The dahlias are in the front garden, with the roses already in bloom.
The nice folks at Sunnyside helped me pick out plants for the planter by the door. Thank goodness for the gift card I had! Love Sunnyside, just can't afford it normally.The anteater planter gets new pots this year. Someday I'll move it to where you can actually see it's art as well as planter!
Two tomato plants this year, Sun Gold and Pink Caspian. Looking forward to harvest already!The rest of the dahlias, finally in the ground and staked.
The hill is being overtaken by the ground cover. Someday it will be a showcase for hosta. Someday...A few hosta to frame the birdbath and the trellis will have moonflowers, runner beans, cypress vine and sweet peas when I get around to planting the seedlings tomorrow.Riley commenting on the amount of gardening done this weekend...Tomorrow, the shrubs get pruned and the vine seedlings get planted. Oh, and a pedicure to treat myself after all my hard work! :-)

Ni Hao Y'all

6 comments:

  1. Looks LOVELY! How I wish my dog didn't dig up everything I planted....
    Way to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have been busy. Guess you really did deserve that pedicure!
    Blessings,
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did Riley get to help with the gardening?

    I love your garden. Wish ours looked like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! what a garden! Love ur shots
    I have joined in too
    Plz do visit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what I wouldn't give to have a beautiful yard! With six dogs, it just isn't happening ;) Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete