Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sunday Snapshot

Yesterday was the 16th Annual Jim "Wheat" Bucheit Memorial Golf Tournament. It's put on every year by my good friend Mark and his friends to honor a friend who died much too young. I didn't know him but I have played in the scramble for a few years now (7, 8 maybe?). I've now got Dad on my team and Mom is usually brave enough to ride along. It's always a great time and infinitely better when not going through chemo, like last year. Also like last year it was rainy but about 30 degrees warmer. But then again, a bad day on the course beats a good day at work any time! Thanks to Mark and his friends for another great event!

Pre-rain, somewhere around hole 3
Dad tees up and apparently I can't hold the camera steady
Dad does a much better job at the camera and I can't say I love my form, this being the first time I've seen myself swing. Oh well!
Later on, Mom is dry and I am very wet but we're still smiling!
Our team this year. We're joined by Mark's mom Jean. I hope she had as much fun as we did having her with us!
With all the fun activities on Saturday, I've got the chore list for today.

I'm finishing my adventure in GarageBand mixing segments of floor music for the gymnastics team. Pretty sure I didn't work as efficiently as if I'd known what I was doing but the CD is burned and hopefully it will help us train for next year's meet season.

I also near the end of the Great Scanning Project, with almost all of the old 35mm negatives scanned and on the computer. Just some sorting left to do and then

BACK UP THE COMPUTER!
(a little PSA for those who have never lost their hard drive in a fiery crash as I have)

Coming up in a few weeks is the North Central District Rose Show and I am sorting through my garden photos to submit entries in the photography section. Maybe I'll win something this year?

Finally I will fill out more entries in my African travel spreadsheets in anticipation of someday making it to Ethiopia to meet my daughter. I'm glad for the rainy weather today so I won't feel like blowing it all off to lounge around outside. Although, that will probably happen too. Riley is low key with a toothache. She gets her third molar extracted on Wednesday and neither of us is looking forward to that.

How do you spend your Sunday?

Ni Hao Y'all

4 comments:

  1. wow what fun playful shot. Love the brightness
    I have joined in too
    plz do visit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun... even in the rain! And your swing looks GREAT compared to mine ;)
    You've been awfully busy, sounds like you've managed to get a lot of organizing done!
    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Snapshot! How fun to spend the day at the golf course - even in the rain!

    Blessings on your adoption!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did Mom like the rain? Looks like it was fun anyway!

    ReplyDelete