Monday, November 8, 2010

Gotta love vacation!

Another vacation comes and goes. After the passport fiasco I wasn't sure I'd be able to relax and give in to the vacation. Turns out, it's not that hard. A seven day cruise isn't quite long enough to really let it all go but I think I did pretty well. There were 8 of us on this trip - me, my sister Susan and her husband Erik, both sets of parents and Erik's aunt. I think we all had a good time. We celebrated halloween on board...
and dressed up on other nights...
More pictures to come once I get everything sorted out.

On my return home, I took a taxi from the airport. My cab driver was brand new. As in, I was his first fare. He came to this country last week from Ethiopia! I wish I could have talked to him a bit more but he was having some trouble driving (hope he gets better soon!) and his accent was very strong. Still it seemed like some kind of a message that I really would have a real connection to Ethiopia soon.

I also received a lovely packet from my home study agency with forms to update. Apparently that doesn't change anything in my dossier. I have until April until my fingerprints expire. I made a promise to myself that I would move to plan B if I didn't get a referral by the time my paperwork expired. I think I will not count this as expiring. Just not quite ready for plan B yet. My agency still seems hopeful for a referral soon so I'll go back to waiting waiting waiting. And remembering all those ocean breezes and drinks-of-the-day...

No comments:

Post a Comment