Friday, April 2, 2010

Adoption Fundraising

There's been a recent change in process in Ethiopian adoptions. Every family now will travel twice to Ethiopia. The first trip will be the court appearance and the second, 8 weeks later is the Embassy appearance. I think it's an awesome step in making the process more transparent and hopefully more ethical. However, it provides a bit of a hiccup in my plans.

Needless to say it has brought about a change in my attitude towards fundraising. While I still believe that I should shoulder the financial challenge of making this happen, adding a second trip to the tune of $3000 or so might just tip the scales of more than I can handle on my own. So I joined up with Just Love Coffee to provide wonderful coffee to all my friends and hopefully raise some money in the process.

Check it out here Just Love Coffee Store

My next plan is to continue to create the crochet animals that people seem to love and start up a store on Etsy. More to come on that later (after a feasibility study) :-)

“I have found that among its other benefits, giving liberates the soul of the giver.”
Maya Angelou

2 comments:

  1. I have you added to Ethiopian Adoption Blogs! I wish you all the very best as you move along in your journey : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out www.onehundredgoodwishes.com! It's a free fundraising website for adopting families! Blessings to you on your adoption journey!

    ReplyDelete