Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sunday Snapshot - Let's go fly a kite!

Yesterday was the 10th annual Kite Festival on Lake Harriet. Every year I say I'm going to go but it always falls on a gymnastics meet weekend. This year I decided not to judge so many meets so I found myself free on festival day. yea! I convinced Lexi it would be fun and dragged her along for the ride.

It was around 10°F outside but the sun was shining. There wasn't much wind, which was great for walking around but not so much for kite flying. Eventually there were some kites in the air though. We had some hot cocoa and cider, roasted some marshmallows and watched some kids learn to ice fish. Maybe next year we'll fly kites too!
Marshmallow roasting on the boardwalk (in my Michelin man coat)

Early in the day, not so many kites. They looked so much bigger in person!

I loved this one!

Lexi on the ice, ready to learn to ice fish. Trying to take photos with my big mittens on I cut the photo off above her feet. I wanted to show her fabulous shoe decision. Just couldn't get her into a pair of boots for anything! At least she let me give her a hat. California girls ;-)

Sleigh rides looked fun too. Maybe next year we'll get to that too. So glad I finally made it to the festival! Who says you have to stay inside all winter?



Check out the great snapshots over at Ni Hao Y'all...

Ni Hao Y'all

3 comments:

  1. Looks like so much FUN! And that sleigh ride looks fantastic :)
    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually don't miss snow but I'm beginning to think those sleigh-rides might lure me back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Stephanie,
    Thanks for touching base and congrats on your referral! Yes, it IS like jumping out of a plane, but you'll land on your feet. We're like cats, we adoptive mammas. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete