Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Latest Updates and Two Year All Clear!

Sometimes you don't realize you're holding your breath until you let it out. That's how I felt this morning. Last week I had my follow-up MRI and mammogram and today was the appointment with the oncologist. Until she said those wonderful words "Everything looks great" I had no idea how it was weighing me down to wait. It's funny, you know that you feel good and so you think everything will be good but then you think that you felt good before and it went so terribly wrong. But not this time, and hopefully not ever again. I feel like a huge weight just flew off my back. Could not imagine what I would have done if, with travel to Ethiopia looming in the near future, I had heard something else. Thankfully I won't have to think about that any more. The end. For another year anyway.

And speaking of travel, I have a court date! I'll be heading to Ethiopia in March to meet Baby G for the first time. It's finally becoming real! Plane tickets are purchased and I've arranged a few days in London before and a few days in Israel after. Can't say that everyone is 100% excited about my itinerary but I am! Looking forward to seeing my friend Jon and the sights of London and Susan in Israel with all of her wonderful puppies. The extra travel added much to the cost and time of the trip but I know it will be a long time before I'll be able to travel solo so I'm taking it in now while I can. Originally I had planned to also take in the Seychelle Islands. Sigh. So much money and so little time. I've had a picture of the Seychelles on my fridge for a long time now but it won't happen. Then again, I'm not so sure I really want to go to the most beautiful place on earth by myself, and only for a few days. Guess I'll save that for some other lifetime.

The reality of it is that I'm finally feeling like it's really going to happen and I will actually meet my daughter. It sounds so wonderful! I'm so not ready and yet more ready than I can even express in words. Enough limbo already, let's get this show on the road! Sunday (with the help of my fabulous cousin Lexi) Baby G's room was painted Pale Shrimp pink. This weekend I'll apply the daisy decals I bought from Etsy and head to the fabric store to find fabric for curtains and a valance. Assuming I'll be able to figure out how to sew curtains and a valance it should work out well! Boy I sure hope she likes pink and flowers!

Saturday I ticked off one more item on the to-do list and painted the kitchen. Sadly to anyone else it doesn't look so much different than it did before but I think it looks brighter and fresher. And as a bonus, the floor under the refrigerator and oven is now clean as well. eew. One bad idea for the weekend was running the oven self-cleaner. Ugh. Here's a tip...don't. At least don't do it in the middle of winter when you can't open your storm windows and it's cold outside. Save it for summer when you can open the windows and leave the house for a few days. It stinks! I wasn't feeling so well and Riley took a couple of days to recover I think, poor thing. Clean is good, just not the smell. Now if I could just finish those Christmas stockings I'll be back on schedule. Knit, purl, knit, purl...they just go on and on!

That's life in a nutshell for this day...

1 comment: