Saturday, February 26, 2011

Finally finished!

A few years ago, I took it upon myself to recreate the family Christmas stockings for the new members of the family. Never mind I hadn't knitted anything since I was 12 and there was no official pattern. And hello, they are socks! With heels and toes and turning and whatnot. But why start with something simple like a scarf? That would be silly. Let's just hit the big time and make up my own pattern.

Well at long last, after having red, green and white yarn on my coffee table for three years (with a few breaks in there for life to happen) the stockings are done!
One for Bob, Donna, Erik, Kathy, Jack and even Riley. And one blank one for my soon-to-be daughter. I thought it best to leave it blank so if we land on a different nickname than I have planned I don't have to rip it out and start over. Then again, my stocking says Steffie so I guess if it's wrong it's not such a big deal.
All sorts of good things happening here. Knitting, duplicate stitching, sequins and beads, pom poms and braided loops. So much to learn! And now there's a pattern. I'm thinking I'll add it to my Ravelry page someday. Maybe some other family wants funky Santa stockings too? We think they are pretty nice hanging by the fireplace.

For another post soon, the grand adventure has begun! My sister and her husband are already exploring London, where I will meet them on Thursday. A few days to enjoy jolly old England then the real reason for the trip...meeting my daughter! I'm excited to see the new foster home and see her homeland, even if I can't see the town where she was born. Guess I'd better get to packing!

No comments:

Post a Comment