Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Bon Voyage!

This is it! In less than 8 hours I will be on a plane! Certainly I've forgotten something and also have more things than I need. Tomorrow I will arrive in London and meet up with my sister and her husband, who have been vacationing there since Saturday. I'm a little nervous about getting myself from the airport to the hotel on the train and tube but I managed the metro in Paris and the subway in New York so I'm assuming I'll be able to figure it out. I can't wait to meet up with my friend Jon, who lives outside of London. It will be fun to see 'middle England' and not just the tourist spots.

After a few days in London, I'm incredibly excited to fly to Addis Ababa to finally meet Baby G. Each picture I receive of her is cuter than the one before. I hope she likes the outfits and amazingly fuzzy soft bunny I will bring for her. More importantly, I hope she likes me! Not just a little nervous about that. I heard yesterday that they have brought her to the new foster home and I'm hoping it was a good transition for her. So many moves in her short life!

After the court date on March 11, I'll regretfully leave Baby G and head to Israel for a few days. I'm looking forward to seeing the country through the eyes of my good friend Susan, who lives there. We'll tour Tel Aviv and Jerusalem and hopefully swim in the ocean.

I may be blogging on the trip, if I can figure it out. In any case, travel posts to come soon. Have a great two weeks everyone! Baby G here I come!

(sorry for all of the !!! I've had too much coffee today...)

1 comment: